Friday, October 23, 2009

Coconut cookies

My aunt has bought me 2 packets of shredded coconut last month. I do not like to have too many things in my fridge, so I tried to clear them by baking these Coconut cookies. The recipe is adapted from Sherlyn's hobbies blog, but instead of using butter, I changed it to canola oil & add in vanilla essence.


Ingredients

110g Canola oil
90g sugar
1/2 egg
1/2tsp vanilla essence
20g shredded coconut
125g soft flour
a little of salt
10g shredded coconut (for topping)

Method

1. Whisk canola oil with sugar until fluffy and creamy, add beaten egg in and mix well.
2. Sift soft flour and salt together and fold into (1). Then add shredded coconut and knead into dough.
3. Knead the dough into a round shape, then dip shredded coconut on and place them on a baking tray that line with a baking paper.
4. Put the baking tray in an oven and bake at 170dC for 15-20 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment