Saturday, July 4, 2009

Banana Oats Cookies

My mum has left over bananas again and I am tired of baking banana cake. So decided to make this banana oats chocolate chips cookies, there is not much banana cookies that I have tried before. I remember getting this recipe from Baking Bites and I have modify abit.

The result is yummy,indeed the cookies taste like banana bread, but the edges of the cookie is crispy, banana taste is strong too even though I substitute butter with canola oil (my mum don't take butter).



Ingredients

250ml plain flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
30ml canola oil
125ml caster sugar
1/4 cup mashed banana
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cups oats
1/2 cups chocolate chips

1.Mix Canola oil and sugar till light and fluffy.
2.Beat in egg and banana, followed by the vanilla extract.
3.Fold in sifted flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
4.Mix in oats & chocolate chips.
5.Drop dough by tablespoonfuls onto prepared baking sheet.
6.Bake for 15-20 mins at 170 degrees, until lightly browned.(I bake for 20mins as I wanted the texture to be more harder)
7.Let cookies cool for about 5 minutes before transfering them to a wire rack to cool completely.

No comments:

Post a Comment