Mum & me feel like eating chicken rice for dinner today, so went to market around lunch to get a kampong chicken. My house nearby market is very convenient as the stalls always open till late afternoon.
1 fresh chicken
Abt 2cm ginger
1 clove garlic
5 tbsp sesame oil
1 tsp salt
1. Add ginger and garlic to a large pot of water and boil.
2. Once it starts boiling, add the whole chicken into the pot.
3. Make sure the water covers the chicken, lower the heat and simmer for 25 mins.
4. Turn off heat and leave it for another 20 mins.
5. Remove the chicken and put it into a pot of cold water. Leave it for 15 mins.
Keep the above stock to use it to cook rice & soup.
6. Remove the chicken and rub salt and sesame oil all over the chicken and inside the cavity.
7. Place the chicken to cool for at least 2 hours. (normally people put in fridge but our family do not like it to be cold).
8. Cut into pieces after it cool.
9. Serve with ginger sauce.