I cooked this simple curry chicken for today dinner. It always makes me end up having 2 bowls of rice!
3nos potatoes (skinned & cut into cubes)
1 whole chicken (I use Breast meat)
1 tbsp chilli powder
2 tbsp curry powder
1 tsp onion
1 tsp garlic
1/2 packet coconut milk
300ml water (put more if U want more gravy)
1. Heat oil in wok and fry potatoes till golden brown. Remove, drain and set aside.
2. Mix curry powder and chilli powder together in a bowl. Add 100ml water gradually & stir to make a thick paste.
3. Heat oil in a wok, fry garlic & onions on medium heat till fragrant. Pour the curry mixture and stir well. Then add chicken pieces and stir till chicken is cooked. Add potatoes.
4. Add the remiaining water and coconut milk and allow to boil. (I always transfer to another pot after this step)
5. Allow to simmer for 30 minutes to an hour.
6. Add salt if necessary.