Bake these peanut butter cookies today. Extracted the recipe from the book 500cookies. It is a real indulgence for peanut butter fans!
200g plain flour
1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
115g unsalted butter (I used sunflower oil)
100g caster sugar
100g brown sugar
225g crunchy peanut butter (I used peter pan peanut butter)
pinch of salt
1. Sift the flour and bicarbonate of soda together & set aside.
2. In a seperate bowl beat the oil and sugar until soft & creamy.
3, Combine the egg, flour mixture, peanut butter & salt. Add the oil and sugar mixture & mix until smooth.
4. Wrap the dough in parchment and refridgerate for at least 2hrs or overnight.
5. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celcius.
6. Shape the dough and place them 5cm apart on baking sheets. Flatten slightly with a fork.
7. Bake for 20mins or until golden.
8. Remove from the oven and allow to cool. Store in airtight container.