Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Moist Chocolate Cake

I bake this Moist Chocolate cake in the evening after my work. It is requested by my girl friend, Audrey, who wants to give her sister a birthday cake tomorrow. I remembered she likes the cake which I had decorated it with some cute icings. So I used chocolate curls, icing mushroom, icing polar bear and white sugar almonds to decorate.


I used the ready premix Moist chocolate cake flour from White Wings, just add 2 eggs, 1 cup of water, 60g butter and use a mixer to beat for 1 second in high speed & then switch to low speed for 4mins. Pour it to 7" baking pan and bake in oven in 180 degrees celcius for 40-45mins. The cake texture was moist and taste like Sara Lee chocolate cake.

The chocolate icing is very simple. Just 2 simple steps and U are ready to use it.

You need :

200g icing sugar

35g Hershey's cocoa powder
30g margarine spread or soft butter ( I used canola oil)
30ml milk (I used 40ml-50ml)

1. Sift icing sugar and cocoa powder into a bowl and add margarine spread or butter and milk.
2. Mix with a whisk until smooth, adding a few extra drops of milk if u find it too thick or dry.

Happy Birthday JooEe! Hope she like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment