Bake this spongecake this evening for tomorrow breakfast. But my princess starts eating it right after her dinner!
This Spoongecake recipe is the same I use to bake for my cousin Rachel's birthday cake. The texture was light, soft and a little moist.
(makes a 7" round cake)
100 gm cake flour
100 gm castor sugar
12 gm spongecake stabliser
25 gm milk
1/2 tsp vanilla essence
90 gm melted butter
1. Pre-heat oven to 180degC. Brush some butter on the pan.
2. Put all the ingredients except the melted butter into a mixing bowl.
3. With an electric mixer, beat everything on high for at least 7 mins until ribbon stage. This means that if you use your whisk with batter to write an "8" on the batter won't sink in but will appear visible for a while. This will be the right constitency for your batter.
4. Add in melted butter at this stage and mix in thoroughly.
5. Pour the batter into the pan and bake for 35~40 mins, or until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean.
6. Unmold and invert onto cooling rack, cool completely.