This morning I made 2 batches of cookies . The 1st batch I used my Melody cookie cutters & the other batch I used Hello Kitty Sanrio cookie cutters. The recipe I used this time is from Happy Home Baking.
See are the cookies cute and adorable? These cookies is really yummy, buttery and a little crunchy!
80g caster sugar
1 egg yolk
180g cake flour
20g corn flour
1. Sift cake flour and corn flour together and set aside. Line baking tray with parchment paper, set aside.
2. Use an electric mixer, mix sugar and butter and cream till the mixture turns pale and fluffy.
3. Add in egg yolk and mix well.
4. Add in sifted flour mixture in 2 ~ 3 additions, stir with a spatula to form a soft dough.
5. Place dough in a plastic bag and flatten with rolling pin.
6. Refrigerate the dough for about half an hour.
7. Remove dough from fridge.
8. Roll out dough on slightly floured parchment paper and cut out with slightly floured cookie cutters. (If the dough appears to be a little to hard and breaks into pieces while rolling, leave it at room temperature for a few minutes. The dough will soften up and can be rolled easily.)
9. Bake at pre-heated oven at 175 degC for 15 mins.
10. Let it cool and store in air-tight container.